Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

LOVE CHASE: GWEN & BERNARD

I was so excited to hear from Daren of Daren Chong Photography and see his work, and I’m thrilled to get to share it with you today. He sent over these sweet engagement photos of Gwen and Bernard, and in addition to adoring his photography, you know how much I love breeze! I have never posted these many photos before but all of the photos that Daren gave are just so lovely. I just couldn't resist highlighting here!

I love these photos – they just make me smile! It’s just so obvious from these photos how happy and relax Gwen and Bernard are – and isn’t that exactly what your engagement pics should show?










A charming engagement shoot from the talented Daren Chong...


THE COUPLE
Gwen and Bernard


The Inspiration
Gwen and Bernard have signed up a bridal package in one of the bridal house in early 2010, felt disappointed with the gowns condition and the photography skills offered. But all they want is just a simply easy, relaxing shoot with cool photographer and Gwen's dream wedding dress. Gwen is a sister of a friend of mine in Taylors College, Graece. They decided to have another set of bridal portrait session with Daren not long after the first one with the bridal house.

The Bride wore
Fluff me up! That's the word to describe Gwen's dream dress! She loves the idea of what Kate Hudson wore in Bride Wars. Thin straps and pretty bow at the front side. But I would say it's total different design in the end because it is supposed to be created to suit Gwen and not just any other bride! She chose black for the bow. The front top is a sweetheart strapless embellished with Swarovski crystals and tiny little pearls. The back of the top is layered with a layer of tulle and decorated with lace applique. The skirt is fully fluffed up and pleated with thousands of pleats and layers and layers of tulle to create the translucent effect.

The Groom wore
Bernard wore a black tuxedo for the day, by Bespoke.

The Photographer
I met Daren for the first time in a photographer's gathering in December 2009. And not long after that, Gwen told me that he is engaging Daren for her bridal portrait. The first thing I did was, I quickly googled and found darenchong.com. I viewed most of his posts and fell in love with his work instantly. His work are generally vibrant and if you look at his photos, you can feel that the couples are not faking their smile of their pose. The happiness is just "In Your Face"!

Thanks so much to A Bryan Photo for sharing Gwen and Bernard’s love shoot and with us! 

Happy Saturday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment